Welcome to my blog! Here you will find a variety of assignments that I have completed for my graduate work at Walden University.
RSS

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Using the GAME Plan Process with Students

Post your thoughts and ideas about how you will use the GAME plan process with your students to help them develop proficiency in the technology standards and indicators outlined in the NETS-S. Reach out to your colleagues in this learning community for assistance if needed.

After looking through the NETS for students and teachers I noticed that they are very similar. I think the most important part for students is that promotes critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. I feel that this is very important for the 21st century learner! Critical thinking and problem solving skills aren't easy to teach to students and I think using technology is an excellent way of incorporating these skills into the curriculum.

My plan for the upcoming school year is to familarize my students with the NET standards and help each of them develop a personalized GAME plan. I want to focus on Technology Operations/Concepts and Digital Citizenship. These are the two areas that I feel are very important for my 3rd grade studetns. I feel that they need a strong grasp on how technologies works and can be used effectively. I also want them to understand the safe & legal ways to use technology. I feel confident that after taking this course I will be equipped with the tools necessary to help my student develop and carry out their very one GAME plan.

References:
ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) (2008). The ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS-T) and Performance Indicatiors for Teachers. retrieved fromhttp://www.iste.o-Trg/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

0 comments:

Post a Comment