Welcome to my blog! Here you will find a variety of assignments that I have completed for my graduate work at Walden University.
RSS

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Carrying Out My Game Plan


















In last week's blog I identified my GAME plan for strengthening my confidence in two of the indicators in the NETS-T. This week I am going to be addressing the following points

* What resources will you need to carry out my plan?
To carry out my plan I will need to locate information on the safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources. I need to make sure I am fully aware of this information so that I can appropriately teach it to my students and embed it into my everyday curriculum. My plan is to research those topics on the Internet and become fully aware of the laws and rules that are associated with using digital information in the classroom.

*What additional information will I need?
Some additional information that I will need will be to find more about the copyright laws that are associate with the Promethean Board. I will need this information so that the teachers in my building are also aware of the usage rules that accompany the boards. They will need to know how sharing of the flip charts work and how to cite the sources that they are using when creating flip charts.

* What steps have I taken so far?
The steps that I have taken so far are that I have signed up for attend the Promethean Train-the-Trainer conference the first week in June. In this training I will learn the ins and outs of using the Promethean Board within the classroom while also learning about the rules and regulations that go along with using the Promethean Board. The training that I will be attending will help to build my confidence as a leader, as I will be taking my knowledge back to my school and training the teachers in my building. I had began this task long before given this assignment so I am proud of the fact that I already had a GAME plan in place and now I am adding additional areas to that GAME plan.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Clarissa,

Once again our Promethean goals are pretty much the same. I like your point about needing to know the copyright laws for what can be submitted to Promethean Planet on the flipcharts. As we have learned, apparently you cannot always use what you would assume you could!

Post a Comment