Welcome to my blog! Here you will find a variety of assignments that I have completed for my graduate work at Walden University.
RSS

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Monitoring GAME Plan Progress

















This week's assignment is having me take a look at the progress of my game plan.


• Are you finding the information and resources you need?

I have been successful in finding the resources that I need. I have found some great websites to use with my students to help them with citing the resources that they are using with digital information. http://www.brainpop.com/ has a great video on citing sources that helps the explain to kids the importance of citing sources and how to do that. I have also found http://www.easybib.com/ which quickly helps students generate a citation from the sources that they are using. I have also been on several blogs and discussion boards that have information on safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology. I have also familiarized myself with the Promethean Planet website and am comfortable navigating the website. I am quickly able to locate lessons, resource packs, tutorials, and help forum.

*Do you need to modify your plan?

I do not feel that my plan needs to be modified at this time.

What have you learned so far?

I have learned that getting students to cite sources and become familiar with safe and ethical use of technology isn't as complicated as I first thought. It all starts with my comfort level and the students will feed off of that. I have learned that setting up guidelines and expectations in the beginning of the year is key to setting the tone for the school year.

What new questions have arisen?

No new questions at this time, however I am sure that after I attend the training session next week I will have several questions that need to be answered.

3 comments:

kekemcdee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kekemcdee said...

Sorry, having some technical difficulties here! I like the idea of using a video to explain the use of citations to your students. I am a visual learner so I can relate to seeing it rather than just hearing about it. What grade do you teach?
Kerry

Lindsay said...

Clarissa,
I think that using Brainpop as an introduction to teaching citations is great. I know that my students love watching the Brainpop videos. They are very engaging. I also like how they have the word walls and quizzes to reinforce the learning.

Post a Comment