Welcome to my blog! Here you will find a variety of assignments that I have completed for my graduate work at Walden University.
RSS

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Let's Wrap This Up~

Some final thoughts....
How has being a man or a woman influenced my life? How has it limited me? Sustained me? Opened up possibilities?
If I had been a man instead of a woman or vice versa, how would my life have been different?
These questions are very hard for me. I find it very difficult to imagine myself being any different. I can that life would have been easier if I were a man or that I would have made more money. Honestly, that all would be based on sexist remarks that I have heard during my life. I do not believe my life would have been any different. My gender has never really been something I wanted to change and do not think that one gender has an advantage over another. My husband does make more money than me, however he is often more stressed. I wouldn't want to trade with him for even a second.

How does your personal attitudes and beliefs might influence you as a teacher. How might your identity impact your perceptions, actions, and beliefs in the classroom?
I would be telling a lie if I said my personal attitudes didn't influence my teaching. I have always made a conscience effort to separate my personal feelings from my job. I teach in difficult school where most of my parents live very different life styles than myself. I do not agree with the way most of my students are raised (or neglected). I try my best to create a classroom where my students feel loved and comfortable regardless of where they come from. I do know that while they are in my care I will do all I can to show them love, respect, and encouragement. I know that I do this because of my personal attitudes. I believe all children deserve to be loved and respected and make that known to all of my students. Through doing this I am able to get respect back from some of the most unloving and disrespectful children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment